Monday 29 August 2011

An interview with Elessa Jade from pursebuzz.com

Thanks to the Australian Beauty Bloggers Weekend (ABBW) and Polkadot PR I was given the opportunity to interview some of the key speakers who will be attending IMATS. My first interview was with Elessa Jade from the blog Pursebuzz.com


Elessa worked in the beauty industry for 10 years before turning her talents to teaching. She started her website, Pursebuzz.com, to provide tips and tutorials on how to apply makeup. Pursebuzz.com now has around 100,000 visitors from around the world. I decided that when I got the opportunity to interview Elessa, as well as asking a few makeup related questions, that I'd also hit her for some blogging tips.


I am relatively new to blogging and so am trying to extract as much info as I can from seasoned Bloggers. What is the best piece of blogging advice that you have been given?

I would say post a lot and often. Interact with your readers and do a lot of giveaways if you can. Do cross promotion with other bloggers from fashion to hair.. doesn't matter just get your name out there. Also, do it cause you love it not for the free products. Readers can tell if it’s from the heart or for the money.


Do you ever get writers (Blogger’s) block and if so, how do you overcome it and get the creative juices flowing again?

Yes, I just take photos and enjoy that part. Then when I am ready to write I'll do it. I focus on my fave parts and just have fun.


This may be an impossible question, but if you were stranded on a desert island, which 5 beauty products would you most wish that you had with you?

Hahaha... Sunblock, Stila Convertible Color(works all over) and Big Hat, face wash and moisturizer. I gotta look good in case I am going back home. :D


What is the biggest makeup crime that you witness women repeatedly committing?

Tugging on the eyes and licking/blowing on their brushes.


If someone only had 2 minutes to get ready, what makeup essentials would you suggest? 

Lipstick and Mascara.

 
If you would love to hear more from Elessa Jade, she will be speaking at IMATS Sydney from 10.00-11.00am on Saturday 24th September or 11.15-12.15 on Sunday 25th September.

Tickets to IMATS are $40 for a one day pass or $65 for both days and can be purchased from here.