Thursday 18 August 2011

If you had a gun held to your head and were made to spend $1000 on beauty products, what would you choose?

I LOVE doing hypotheticals and anyone who knows me has probably been hit with one (or many) hypothetical situations. My poor husband cops the brunt of my medical hypotheticals. Having studied a medical based degree, I know way too much about diseases and so have quizzed him on what he would do if I got just about every disease under the sun (his standard response is 'I don't know, Sar'...that doesn't stop me though!). Carlie, my friend from mothers group, gets hit with all my parenting hypotheticals (you will be please to know that if The Crazy Kid does become a bad boy when he grows up, Carlie will still let her son be friends with him!). So now, my beauty loving friends, I am going to hit you with a beauty hypothetical:
If a crazy person held a gun to your head and said that you had to spend $1000, then and there, on beauty products, what would you get?

I like to be prepared for all situations so have compiled a list that I am going to keep in my wallet just in case I ever do encounter this crazy person. Obviously this crazy person is a fellow beauty lover so they understand that I will be doing a lot of my shopping online and from overseas!

So, here is my list:

Product
Price
Chanel nail polishes in Peridot, Graphite and Quartz
$117.00
Yaby World of Pearl Paints 40 Eye Shadow Palette
$149.00
Philosophy Amazing Grace Parfum 30ml
$28.00
Philosophy Amazing Grace Perfumed deodorant stick
$10.50
MuLondon Organic Rose Moisturiser
$30.00
MuLondon Organic Rose Face Moisturiser
$20.00
MOR Marshmallow Eau De Parfum
$55.95
MOR Marshmallow Sugar Crystal Body Scrub
$31.95
Philosophy bananas foster ice cream shower gel 946ml
$25.00
Philosophy creme brulee shower gel (474ml)
$16.00
Philosophy amazing grace shower gel (946ml)
$34.50
Philosophy baby grace shower gel (946ml)
$34.50
Philosophy sweet dreams shower gel (474ml)
$20.00
BIOeffect EGF serum
$180.00
MAC Angel Lipstick
$35.00
Rodial Glamoxy snake serum
$160.00
Rodial A-List Cleanser
$59.00
Total
$1006.40


My hypothetical list in all it's pictorial glory:


I actually only want Peridot and Graphic but think that it would be cruel to separate siblings so will also take Quartz.


I regularly stalk this product online...oh how beautiful she looks. Sigh.

I have actually never smelt this but have only read rave reviews...me wanty.


De-stink and smell good. Win!


I love the scent of rose like you wouldn't believe and only imagine how gorgeous this would be.


After reading Dempeaux's review I knew that one day I would own this baby!


I tried the sugar scrub (below) and it was AMAZING. I now NEED the perfume.


I bought a tub of this years ago and loved it, but then promptly forgot about it. Recently, I read about it again and have been craving it ever since.


I will only include one picture of the Philosophy shower gels because there is A LOT that I want (there is another half dozen I didn't list!). Of all, the Banana foster ice cream is the one I want the most.


I literally only have a couple of days left in my sample of this so it will need replacing. Also, the stress of having a hypothetical gun held to my head is going to create wrinkles...what better to remove them!


I don't tend to wear lipstick during the day but have been told that this one is perfect. This I need to see!


I have tried the Rodial Glamoxy Snake mask and now want to experience the serum - it is meant to be out of this world!


The Rodial A-list cleanser sounds divine, but there is only one way to find out if it is worth the hype!


Well, that's my list. Do you have a list ready for such hypothetical situation? If so, I'd love to hear it!