Wednesday 20 July 2011

Reviews on the Horizon

Recently I have been lucky enough to win a couple of competitions on fellow bloggers sites plus I have also done a couple of eyeshadow orders. So I thought that I would post a pic of what has arrived in the last week as it will be what I am reviewing on this blog in the near (and probably distant!) future.



So, what did I get? I'll start with my competition wins.

Suzanne from Don't They Know Who I Am went on a massive shopping spree to celebrate reaching 100 followers. Her giveaway prize consisted of:

  • Napoleon Set Primer (this is the only thing in the pack that I have tried - reviewed here UPDATED - I haven't actually tried this one, its the Auto Pilot I have tried - now I'm off to compare the two Napolean primers!)
  • Bourjois Smokey eyes trio
  • Bourjois lipstick in Rose Seduisant
  • Sportsgirl palette - Delicate Matter
  • Sportsgirl Give Em Some Lip lipgloss in Tutti Frutti
  • Sportsgirl Nail It! Nail polish in Blue Lagoon (exactly my shade of nail polish!!)
  • The Face Shop Vitamin E sheet mask
  • Revlon Metallic in Copper Penny
  • Skin Food Acai Berry Mask 
  • Etude House Missing You Hand Cream (that's the cute penguin in the photo!)
Plus, she also threw in a whole bunch of Skin Food Samples and a House of Gloi Bubbling Scrub which she must have known I was lusting after as I had a little bit of a rant about it here!

Next, I won a Blitz Mega Hair and Beauty Box thanks to Lilit from Makeup and Macaroons and Hairhouse Warehouse. This box was stuffed full with:
  • Nak Aqua Shampoo 375mL ($21.95)
  • Nak Aqua Conditioner 375mL ($21.95)
  • Nak Detangling Spray 200mL ($21.95)
  • Mini Curling Tong ($24.95)
  • Models Inc Lip Gloss with Light ($12.95)
  • Tail Comb ($5.00 with the clips below)
  • Sectioning Clips x 4
  • Nak Care 4 Ends Leave in Moisturiser 200mL ($12.95)
  • Nak Treat with Care Conditioning Treatment 200mL ($12.95)
  • $20 Salon Voucher
 As I mentioned in my Pissed Off rant reading other blogs has virtually forced me to go out and buy stuff. Here are two of my orders!
I put an order in with Michelle from RitualEyes for some eyeshadows. This was particularly exciting because two of the colours I asked her to create for me. I wanted a bright green with no hint of muddiness and she came up with Alien Invasion, and a nice bright yellow to pair with it and she created Lyme Spider. My full order (which I will swatch very shortly) consisted of:
  • Violent Violet
  • Phantoms Army
  • Molten Lava Flow
  • Lyme Spider
  • Alien Invasion
Plus she threw in samples of White Out, Abyss and Mermaid's Song, all of which I am annoyingly quite taken with...I feel another order coming on!

My final order came from Fyrinnae and I hold Megan from Beauty in the Sky. I hadn't heard of Fyrinnae until I read her post. Within hours I had ordered:

  • Herbivore
  • Dressed To Kill Loose Eye Shadow
  • Arcane Magic: Madame & Eve's
  • Arcane Magic: Sorceress
  • Eternal Innocence Loose Eye Shadow
  • Catrina Cabaret Loose Eye Shadow
  • Pixie Epoxy
Again, these will be swatched in the near future.

So there you go - a heads up of what you might see in this blog in the near future. What do you want me to review first?