Wednesday 27 July 2011

Jurlique Purely Age Defying Ultra Firm & Lift Cream‏

Tonight I attended a Jurlique social media launch for the new Purely Age Defying Ultra Firm & Lift Cream‏. This cream joins the Purely Age-Defying Range, which features a blend of biodynamic and organic herbs and flowers combined with potent naturally derived ingredients that soften the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and discolourations while helping to renew and strengthen skin. With continued use, Purely Age-Defying brings about a smooth, fresh, luminous complexion.




Jurlique's motto is Nature. Science. Innovation, yet until recently they have mostly promoted the nature side of the company. This is about to change as they recognise there is a huge consumer demand for proof that their products do as they claim. A large scientific efficacy trial has been conducted on the Purely Age Defying range, and I will report more on this once I have gotten my hands on the scientific papers. But I just wanted to let you know that the scale of this trial is impressive. It spans 4 countries and features over 1600 participants - not the usual 25 or so that you see in other beauty trials. Exciting stuff!

Now, on to the Jurlique Purely Age Defying Ultra Firm & Lift Cream‏. According to Jurlique, this is a high-performance anti-ageing cream designed to help promote the regeneration of elastin, collagen and new skin cells. Clinical results show that 100% of women showed increased skin firmness after 6 weeks of use. These clinical results are quite astounding, so I will report more once I have seen the criteria used to assess skin firmness, but it appears that there is universal consensus that this cream increases firmness, with lack of firmness being one of the major concerns as skin ages.

So far I have just tried the cream on my hand and found that it absorbed straight in, was not greasy and I found it to be much less fragranced compared with other Jurlique products. This cream can be used as a day or night cream, - it is definitely light enough to be used as a day cream. It does not contain SPF so addition sun protection is required if using this as a day cream. It contains the following active ingredients (as stated on the Jurlique website):
  • Yeast Extract helps to promote collagen synthesis and acts as a tissue restructuring and repair agent.
  • Amino Acid Lipid Complex promotes skin remodeling and contraction of collagen fibers.
  • Rock Sapphire Extract supports skin density while reducing the appearance of fine lines & wrinkles.
  • Beech Tree Bud Extract accelerates the production of fresh new cells.
For more information on the rest of the products in the Purely Age Defying range, have a look at this post.

The Jurlique Purely Age Defying Ultra Firm & Lift Cream‏ will be available for purchase in Australia from August 1st. I will provide a review of this once I have trialled it for a suitable amount of time.

All opinions stated in this blog are my own. I have no affiliation with Jurlique and received no remuneration for my comments. I did receive a pack containing 3 Jurlique products for attending the evening. Images are courtesy of Julique.

Have you entered my latest giveaway? Here's the link if you haven't checked it out yet.