Thursday 10 November 2011

I entered BeautyHeaven's Blogstar competition and would love your vote!

Each year, BeautyHeaven run a BlogStar competition where everyone is invited to submit either a written or video (or both) blog entry on any beauty related topic that takes their fancy. It was actually entering this competition last year that, in part, inspired me to start this blog. Even though I didn't win, it was what made me realise how much that I loved writing, and especially how much I was missing it.

So, I have entered again this year. I really wanted to write a funny post, as I can be funny at times. However, I have now come to the realisation that I can only be spontaneously funny. As soon as I planned to be funny, I just become lame!

Instead, I wrote a post on blackheads. It is one that I have been meaning to write for this blog for a good few months but kept getting distracted. Here is the link to my post:

http://www.beautyheaven.com.au/skin-care/acne-blemish-prone/blogstar-entry-how-to-win-the-battle-with-blackheads-8496#article-review-form

If you have a spare second, I would love it if you voted for me. The voting form is just below each entry. The winner, along with receiving an iPad2 and some serious beauty booty, gets invited to be a guest blogger at BeautyHeaven for the year. I would love the opportunity to have a professional blog edit my writing and critique my voice so that I can improving my writing skills and also get an understanding of what is required to become a writer in the beauty industry. Since I became a mum I have been going through a bit of a quarter life crisis and I am not sure what I want to be when I grow up. I adored being a scientist but it was not a particularly family friendly career so now I am tossing up other options - one of which is becoming a beauty writer. This might jsut be the opportunity for me to find out whether that could ever be a reality.

Voting closes the end of November so don't leave it too late.

Thanks everyone!