Thursday 21 February 2013

OPI Modern Family Collection



At the moment my husband and I have 3 favourite shows - Sons of Anarchy (we are a bit late to jump on this bandwagon and are only just watching season 1 on Foxtel), My Kitchen Rules (my hubby is actually a doppelganger for Pete Evens but it is Manu that I have the crush on....he could talk to me all day long!) and Modern Family. There is next to no chance that there will ever be a Sons of Anarchy collaboration with OPI (unless they decide that we need 12 different shades of gunmetal with the odd blood red thrown in!), and even less a chance of a MKR collection, but, great news...Nicole by OPI has collaborated with our third favourite show to create the Modern Family Collection. Each lacquer in the collection represents the personality of the character it is named after and, in usual OPI form, the names are all quite amusing.






The colours are (from left to right):

My Jay or The Highway – a sophisticated pale taupe grey

A Phil’s Paradise – a desirable slate grey that will SELL, SELL, SELL

Candid Cameron – this year’s Pantone Colour of the Year, Emerald Green

What’s The Mitch-uation – a more serious shade of Olympic Blue


Back in My Gloria Day – a rich sexy plum

Basking in Gloria – a rich ruby red that is saucy and spicy

She’s Lily Something – a fantasy land filled with glittery pink, confetti and stars





The colours continued are (from left to right):

Am I Making Myself Claire? – a delicate shade of lilac

Alex by the Books – a subtle yet intelligent mint green

Stand By Your Manny – a beautiful pale blue

I Do De-Claire – a frosty rose pink

A Like Haley Story – a fabulous coral pink

Haley Good Looking – a feminine pink glitter that will always have admirers

Luke of the Draw - an adventurous gunmetal grey


There are so many colours in this range that I want to try - it looks like such a wearable range. The only shade that doesn't really tickle my fancy is My Jay or The Highway - taupes just aren't my cup of tea. I should have swatches up of a couple of them in the next couple of weeks so keep your eyes out (or if you are desperate to see swatches now, have a look at The Polish Aholic - her swatches are divine!).

The Nicole by OPI Modern Family range will be available from 14th March at selected pharmacies Hairhouse Warehouse, Petra Haircare and on-line at www.nicolebyopi.com.au, $14.95 RRP incl. GST.   For stockists contact 1800 358 999 or visit www.nicolebyopi.com.

What are your thoughts on the range? Are there any colours that you are dying to try?