Thursday 26 May 2011

Nivea Daily Essentials Light Moisturising Day Cream review

As I mentioned previously, Nivea continues to surprise me. I was recently sent the Daily Essentials Light Moisturising Day Cream by BeautyHeaven to review as part of their trial team and, to be perfectly honest, I wasn't expecting much - I mean how good can a $12.99 moisturiser really be? I am a bit of a skin care snob in that I NEVER buy my skin care from the supermarket - always from department stores, online or from salons. So, I was actually quite shocked by how much I liked this moisturiser.



The weather in Sydney has changed from quite pleasant to bloody freezing almost over night and it has totally wrecked havoc on my skin. My skin is normally a bit on the oily side - mostly normal, but with a tendency to become oily. Lately, however, it has been feeling dry, tight, a bit sensitive and in some desperate need of nourishment.

The cream is actually quite thick (as you can see in the picture above), especially for one described as light, but don't let that fool you into thinking that it is too heavy if you do have oily skin. When I applied it, I found that it absorbed into my skin nearly instantly leaving it looking smooth, hydrated and with not a hint of oiliness or greasiness. My skin was honestly so soft to touch. Nivea claims that the Daily Essentials Light Moisturising Day Cream 'provides your skin with intensive moisture for 24hrs to leave a fresh skin feeling'. This is not far off the mark. I never actually tested it for 24hrs. I would apply it in the morning after my shower and then just before bed in the evening I would cleanse and apply my night cream - so it would be on my skin for about 15 hours and during that time my skin never felt dry, tight or sensitive and it also didn't get greasy.

The Daily Essentials Light Moisturising Day Cream  contains SPF15 which is sufficient for incidental sun exposure such as hanging the washing out or walking to the car. If you were planning on being out in the sun for longer, I recommend that you put addition sunscreen on top, but this is fine for short stints outdoors.

I absolutely adored the fragrance of the moisturiser. I do love fairly heavily fragranced beauty products and this one does have a decent amount of fragrance so it was right up my alley! It smells like a subtler version of Nivea's classic creme - so that gorgeous lily of the valley fragrance. I found that the fragrance fades pretty quickly on the skin, so if you are opposed to heavily fragranced products, I don't think that this would bother you too much, even though it does have a decent amount of fragrance in it.

I have thoroughly enjoyed using this cream as it by far exceeded my expectations. I can definitely see myself purchasing it again in the future as it is so economical - plus I honestly could not tell any difference in quality between it and my much more expensive moisturisers. So, if you are looking for a light moisturiser that does its job and doesn't leave you feeling sticky or greasy, plus is kind to the wallet, look no further - your search is over!

All opinions stated in this blog are my own. I have no affiliation with Nivea and received no remuneration for my comments. This product was provided to me by BeautyHeaven to review as part of their trial tem.