Wednesday, 7 August 2013

Vaseline Intensive Care Cocoa Butter

I have been going through my drafts (I currently have 91 unpublished drafts!) and found this review that I had written over a year ago. It was sitting there, waiting for me to photograph the product...only for me to take too long and completely use it all up. So, forgive me, but I am going to have to use a press image!



Every year, as I make my annual pilgrimage to far North Queensland, I always find myself bemused by the signage proclaiming 'Beware, crocodiles inhabit these areas'. I often wonder whether the signs are referring to prehistoric reptiles or all of us tourists, whose skin has turned leathery, dry and scaly from too much sun, salt water and swimming. This year, just prior to leaving for my holiday, I was sent the Vaseline Intensive Care Cocoa Butter Smoothing Body Butter to trial, and the timing couldn't have been better.

Firstly to the packaging - the body butter comes in a 227g tub with a screw top lid. This was perfect for travelling as I knew that it was secure enough not to explode in my luggage. I love moisturisers that come in a tub - there is something so satisfying about sticking your fingers in and taking out a great big globful and massaging it into your skin.

The first thing I noticed when I opened the lid was the delicious aroma of the body butter. It is a mouthwatering sweet chocolately fragrance. It actually smells a lot like a dessert. But it is not at all overpowering. When I applied it to my skin, I found that it left it sweetly scented for a good hour or so. But the fragrance wasn't so strong that it over powered my perfume - it just added a sweet element to it.

The body butter is extremely thick and rich - to the extent that you can turn the pot upside down and the butter doesn't budge. It has a very smooth creamy, butter texture and initially it feels like it is going to be really greasy, but it wasn't at all. It massaged in easily but didn't leave my skin feeling sticky or greasy - it felt more like I had applied a dry oil. It left my skin feeling so soft and silky to touch and well moisturised. It also left my skin with the most gorgeous sheen - very sexy!

I applied it every morning and evening whilst I was away and I came home with skin in better condition than ever. Even though I went swimming multiple times a day, at the end of the week my skin was not at all scaly or dry and it didn't end up peeling or flaking. I have never before come back from QLD without some part of my body peeling and flaking.

I must say I was very pleasantly surprised by this body butter. I was expecting it to be too rich and greasy for daytime use and was expecting it to be more of a night time moisturiser but it was actually perfect for daytime use as it wasn't at all greasy.

I will definitely purchase this body butter again. It is a bargain at $11.57 and it really does leave my skin amazingly moisturised.


All opinions are my own and I received no remuneration for this post. This product was provided for consideration.