Tuesday, 27 August 2013

Schwarzkopf Brilliance Intense Permanent Hair Colour: Red Passion

 I'm all for dyeing my hair at home. I just don't have the time to go to a hair dresser these days. Lately I have been gravitating towards varying shades of chocolate brown so I decided that it was time for a change and opted for Schwarzkopf Brilliance Intense Permanent Hair Colour in 43 Red Passion, which appeared to be a very bright red.




The dye was super easy to apply. Simply mix the colourant with the developer and add in the diamond shine then apply liberally to your hair then leave it for 30 minutes before washing your hair until the water runs clear.


I was expecting a really luminous red but the colour I ended up was more very dark brown with hints of red. It was actually a very nice and fairly natural colour but this time around I wasn't after natural - I wanted intense. Perhaps my base colour was too dark - I have quite dark brown hair. In the sun the colour is quite intense but other than that, the red is a little bit too subtle for what I was after.

Before dyeing

After

The dye did leave my hair super shiny - it made it look so healthy. And 3 weeks after dying it, with daily washing, it has hardly faded at all. I would definitely turn to this dye again if I was after a more natural red as I loved how my hair looked afterwards, but I would look elsewhere if i wanted a really luminous intense red.


Have you discovered a really intense red hair dye?

(in case you missed it, I have a little giveaway going on where you can win 10 bottles of Orly nail polish - check it out here)


All opinions are my own and I received no remuneration for this post. The hair dye was provided for consideration as part of Beauty Heaven's trial team.