Thursday, 8 August 2013

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Eventone Tone Perfecting Cream

This is yet another review that I have had sitting in my drafts for forever (considering that I say that I had just given birth and Kiki is now 15 months it is also well over a year old), waiting for photographs. And, yet again, I no longer have any of he product left to photograph so I have to use press photos. Sorry!!




I was invited to trial this and the timing couldn't have been better. I had given birth (to Kiki!) about a month prior and my skin still had quite noticeable pigmentation thanks both to those glorious hormones that were surging through me and the fact that we spent a couple of weeks in Hawaii when I was 7 months pregnant.

The first thing I noticed when I opened the jar was the scent - it is not the usually Palmer's chocolate scent but more of a floral scent. Whilst I do find it to be pleasant, I actually think that it is a little strong; however, it fades very quickly on application so it didn't cause me any dramas.

The second thing I noticed was just how thick this cream is - it is the consistence of body butter. I could turn the jar upside down and the contents didn't budge. I was expecting the cream to be quite oily but surprisingly it isn't at all. In fact, I didn't find it to be moisturising enough. After a couple of hours my skin would start to feel a little bit tight. I managed to fix this by applying jojoba oil prior to this moisturiser and that greatly helped (here is my post explaining how I did it).

I am pretty sure that it made a difference to my pigmentation as I definitely noticed the pigmentation fading (especially on my forehead where it was at it's worst). However, it is difficult to be sure whether it was the actions of the moisturiser causing the pigmentation to fade or whether it was due to me no longer being pregnant so no longer having the hormones that caused the pigmentation in the first place, in my system.

Would I buy it again? That's a tough one - it just wasn't moisturising enough for my skin; yet, it did appear to reduce my pigmentation. I think that if I couldn't find a product that worked as well at removing my pigmentation as this one was yet was also moisturising I would come back to this one but layer it with jojoba oil. However, if there is a product out there that works plus is moisturising I would probably prefer not to have to take the extra step. In saying that, it is only $12.99 so that makes it one of the most affordable products on the market to target pigmentation.

Have you found a product that successfully reduced your pigmentation AND was moisturising enough to use alone?


All opinions are my own and I received no remuneration for this post. This product was provided for consideration.