Monday, 26 August 2013

My International Spa and Beauty Expo haul + win 10 ORLY nail polishes

A couple of years ago I attended the International Spa and Beauty Expo and was so inspired and blown away by it. I didn't manage to get there last year as Kiki was still pretty fresh and I just filed it into the to hard basket. When the call out for media passes came I jumped at the chance to go again. The first time I went, I had no idea that you could buy stuff there so went with an empty wallet. This time around, I learnt from that mistake and came armed with a small wad of cash! My hauling was fairly restrained as I was quite pushed for time. I only had 4 hours to do the entire show (the first time around I spent 6 hours exploring and only got through skincare!).

When I have more time, later in the week, I will do an in depth post of the expo but, for now, I thought that I would share with you my haul from the show.

My small haul (can you see Beethoven photo bombing in the background!)

Orly had some pretty good deals on their polishes. You could get their full sized polished for $10 each or 3 for $25...so I got 3. Plus, they had packs of 10 mini polishes for $10...so, I got three of these as well - one for me, one for my friend to say thanks for taking Kiki so I didn't have to bring her to the show and a third for one lucky winner.


These are two of the three full sized polishes that I got - the red is Star Spangled and the other is a white for doing French tips but I got it to do nail art. The third colour I got was Beach Cruiser which is a hot, hot, hot pink. Again, this was for my friend, who is a massive pinkophile, to say thanks for taking Keeks (as much as I would have loved the girly bonding time with Kiki at the expo, she would have cracked the shits each time the pram stopped. Plus, she just started walking last Wednesday and that is all that she wants to do - it would not have made for a fun day for either of us!).



When I rocked up to the Orly nail bar to get my nails done, I still had remnants of Sally Hansen Fuzzy Coat polish on, and this would not budge with straight remover. So, they wrapped my nails in these foil wraps which had a little pad inside that had been soaked in remover and sent me away for 10 minutes. When I came back, the polish slide off effortlessly. I have been going through a massive glitter phase lately (fine, for the last 20 or so years!) and glitter polish is such a pain in the bum to remove so I invested a pack of these wraps to make my life a little bit easier and to hopefully not go through quite as much polish remover. A pack of 100 was $16.



I am going through polish remover like nothing else. I had actually been using the Orly remover (just the normal acetone one). I had been paying around $6-8 (can't remember exactly) for 150ml. The gel polish remover was $10 for 473ml so it should last me a good while.  I went with the gel remover as this is a mostly acetone remover (with added goodies to protect your nails) and I figured that glitter would be no match for it plus I also have a couple of at home gel kits - Gelicious and Gelish so it will be handy for getting these mani's off.

I as keen to get some more nail art supplies but just didn't ha the time to fully explore those stands. OPI also had some great deals - their polishes were $10 each or 10 for $80 but, as I'd already bought 13 polishes from Orly (well, 33 if you count the ones I got to give away), I figured I had got enough polish for one day!

I was also quite tempted to get some skincare to try from brands I hadn't heard of before but, as it is, I have a backlog of products waiting to be reviewed so sadly I had to pass.

That brings my haul to an end. Now for the giveaway!




One winner will received a pack of 10 Orly mini polishes. The colours you will get are (from left to right):
  • Wandering Vine
  • In the Navy
  • Blue Belle
  • Grape Glitz
  • Pixy Stix
  • Razzamatazz
  • Coffee Break
  • Cosmic Kiss
  • Rocker Chick
  • Etoile
As Australia Post won't let me post polishes overseas, this comp is only open to Australian residents (sorry...blame Australia Post, not me!). Entry is via the Rafflecopter thing below and the comp will run until 12.00am on 9/9/13.

a Rafflecopter giveaway

Did you go to the Spa and Beauty Expo this year and did you end up with much of a haul?