Tuesday, 13 August 2013

My Bodytrim journey: week 8

I was pretty much back on track this last week and lost another 700g for my efforts! I had an event to attend for Clearly Contacts - a movie screening of Now You See Me (very enjoyable movie, if you are interested!) so took that day as my free day. I think that is what I love most about Bodytrim - that you do get a day off each week (or two days once you hit the weight maintenance phase) where you can indulge and not feel guilty or feel like you have fallen off the wagon. And, indulge I did! They had mini burgers and vegetarian pizza along with wine, beer, bubbly and softdrink to start off with so I had a couple of the mini burgers and a slice of the pizza as well as a glass of bubbly. Then, on the way in to the movie, we got a bucket of popcorn and a choc top, then to top it off there was a bottle of iced tea and a bag of lollies on our seats. It is practically a crime not to have a choc top and pop corn at the movies (especially when they are free!!) so, of course, I enjoyed them but brought the lollies and iced tea home for The Crazy Kid.

My results for the week:

Weigh In:
Starting weight: 72.5kgs
Weight after week 1: 69.4kgs
Weight after week 2: 68.7kgs
Weight after week 3: 68.1kgs
Weight after week 4: 67.2kgs
Weight after week 5: 66.7kgs
Weight after week 6: 65.4kgs
Weight after week 7: 65.4kgs
Weight after week 8: 64.7kgs
Loss in last week = -0.7kgs
Total weight loss: -7.8kgs


Notice I got all artistic with my weigh in photo - thanks Instagram!


Measurements:
Starting waist - 89cm
Waist after week 1: 83cm
Waist after week 2: 80cm
Waist after week 3: 79cm
Waist after week 4: 78cm
Waist after week 5: 76cm
Waist after week 6: 76cm
Waist after week 8: 74.5cm
Loss in last week = -1.5cm 
Total Loss = -14.5cm

Starting hips - 105cm
Hips after week 1: 102 cm
Hips after week 2: 101.5cm
Hips after week 3: 99cm
Hips after week 4: 99cm
Hips after week 5: 99cm
Hips after week 6: 96.5cm
Hips after week 8: 96.5cm
Loss in last week = 0cm
Total Loss = -8.5cm

Starting thighs - 57cm
Thighs after week 1: 54cm
Thighs after week 2: 54cm
Thighs after week 3: 53cm
Thighs after week 4: 52cm
Thighs after week 5: 53cm
Thighs after week 6: 50cm
Thighs after week 8: 50cm
Loss in last week = 0 cm
Total Loss = -7 cm

Starting arms - 29cm
Arms after week 1: 30cm
Arms after week 2: 30cm
Arms after week 3: 30cm
Arms after week 4: 30cm
Arms after week 5: 29cm
Arms after week 6: 29cm
Arms after week 8: 28.5cm
Loss in last week = -0.5cm
Total loss = -0.5cm


Starting chest - 95cm
Chest after week 1: 93cm
Chest after week 2: 90cm
Chest after week 3: 90cm
Chest after week 4: 87cm
Chest after week 5: 87cm
Chest after week 6: 87cm
Chest after week 8: 85cm
Loss in last week = -2.0cm
Total Loss = -10cm

I continued to have subtle measurement losses all over my body - that is pleasing to see as I think it indicates that the weight that I am losing is fat. Sadly, the boobs kept shrinking! The fact that I only finished breast feeding 3 months ago probably has a lot to do with it - there is still a lot of tissue remodelling going on in there. But seriously boobs - you have done enough shrinking for the team...why don't you take a bit of a rest for the next few weeks and ask the hips and thighs to pick up some of the slack!

Exercise wise I was a little bit down last week. I usually walk Crazy to and from preschool on Mondays and Tuesdays then walk him to playgroup on Fridays but last week had a meeting with the accountant on Tues so drove and then he chucked a massive tanty before we had to leave meaning we were running late...so I drove again. This meant that I only exercised on Mon and Thurs so that was a tad disappointing.

Compliance: I am finding that the longer I am on the diet, the less compliant I am becoming. I am not sure whether it is because I am relaxing a little bit as I near my target weight or whether I am getting a little bit bored with my snack options. I am not dramatically falling off the wagon but on Fri, Sat and Sun night, after dinner, I had a square of Lindt chocolate. I guess I should be partly proud that I was able to have that one square, be satisfied and not go back and eat the entire block of chocolate - that is a huge step up for me. I think that I was partly in weekend mode and felt like a treat - usually I'd have my free day on the weekend but blew it earlier in the week. But, we have also been having a bit of a rough time with The Crazy Kid. He is incredibly clingy to me - he refuses to do anything himself and will not let anyone else do anything for him...it has to be me and it is really starting to wear me out. I have never been much of a drinker so have been turning to chocolate as my stress release. I once read an article about how women tend to gain weight as they make up so many excuses to justify why they are eating: as a reward; because they deserve it; as a treat; because it has been a rough day etc etc. The article suggested that thinking more like a man when it comes to food would result in weight loss as we wouldn't use food as an emotional crutch. I try to keep this in mind but it is tough. At the end of a rough day, a slice ham doesn't quite cut it like a square of chocolate does!

After 8 weeks on Bodytrim I am still not really craving sugar which is amazing. There are times in the month when my darling hormones are at their peak and the sugar cravings reappear but I am now able to elicit some self control - I can stop after a square of chocolate so that is a huge improvement. I can now buy petrol at the servo and not walk away with a snickers bar and if I go out for coffee I stick to coffee and don't add on cake. Eating in a food court is still had though, so I just try to be healthy even if i can't avoid carbs.

Well, that is another week down and I am getting ever closer to my target - only 2.7kgs to go!

Follow the rest of my journey here