Tuesday, 27 August 2013

My Bodytrim journey: week 10

Last week I warned you that I might not have a good week as I was expecting to fall off the wagon on the weekend as it was hubby's birthday. Turns out that I actually had an OK week...sort of. The nutritionist told me to weigh in on the morning of my free day. As I was planning on eating cake on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, I did my weigh in on Friday (two days earlier than usual). To my surprise I had dropped another 0.7kgs - bringing my total to an awesome 9.1kgs and leaving me a tiny 1.4kgs to go to reach my target (and 4 weeks to do so)! 


I then went on to have the weekend I expected - which was unrestricted carbs on all three days. Throughout this journey, I have made an effort not to have food that would tempt me in the house. I have been buying lollies for hubby, as he isn't on a diet, but I am a bit indifferent towards them so it hasn't been hard to resist. As I was baking some goodies for the weekend it meant that I had food that was a weakness to me - ie chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate. What surprised me was how little will power I had. I don't know whether I mentally let myself down - ie I was planning on having an unrestricted weekend so didn't even try to hold back. I found myself licking the bowl and picking at the mini m&m's and chocolate covered licorice that I had for decorating. I had two cupcakes on Friday, then on the Saturday we had a BBQ with friends and I was picking at the chips, had a hot dog (I could have just had the sausage and salad if I wanted to be compliant), then I made some Adriano Zumbo chocolate brownies and ate two. I had attempted to make some really cool 5 minute fudge but messed up the ratios so it never set. Rather than chuck it I kept picking at the unset fudge (which was just chocolate mixed with condensed milk - so pure sugar). I have issues with wastage - even though the fudge didn't set, I couldn't bring myself to chuck it as I didn't want to waste the chocolate or condensed milk. But, as the fudge didn't set, I couldn't really give it away so, in my head, the only option was to eat it. I need to get over that inability to chuck food as I am going to end up back where I started.

After the weekend, out of interest, I weighed myself again and was back up to 64.4kgs - so my little blowout meant that I negated the 0.7kgs I had lost plus gained and extra 0.3kgs. To try and make up for this, I am redoing the 3 day carb detox (this is what Bodytrim suggests that you do if you ever fall off the wagon). Interestingly, this time around I am not finding it difficult at all this time around (I have completed 2 days of it), so I guess that I am not as dependent on carbs as I was before I started Bodytrim. 

My results for the week (I am going by my 'official' weigh in I did last Friday and not the one I did out of interest after the weekend):

Weigh In:
Starting weight: 72.5kgs
Weight after week 1: 69.4kgs
Weight after week 2: 68.7kgs
Weight after week 3: 68.1kgs
Weight after week 4: 67.2kgs
Weight after week 5: 66.7kgs
Weight after week 6: 65.4kgs
Weight after week 7: 65.4kgs
Weight after week 8: 64.7kgs
Weight after week 9: 64.1kgs
Weight after week 10: 63.7kgs
Loss in last week = -0.7kgs
Total weight loss: 9.1kgs

I am now not going to measure myself until I get to my 3 month update as the weekly changes have been very subtle so not worth reporting (ie as I am losing around 0.7kgs each week, when this is spread out over the whole body it means I am only shrinking subtly each week so the measurements will be more significant on a monthly basis).

Below are the cupcakes I made for hubby for his birthday. Now you can understand why I fell off the wagon in such spectacular style!


I wasn't the only family member who loved them!


This whole journey is one big learning curve for me. What this weekend taught me was that I really have to make choices, especially when I haven't reached my target yet. If I know that I HAVE to have cake then I NEED to be compliant in all other areas. I probably needed this blowout to understand that once I reach my target I can't just quit eating clean and go back to my old ways. I need to maintain some sense of self control.

Well, that's this week. As I have 1kg to recoup I don't expect to make any real losses next week but you never know - doing the carb detox again might have me back on track again.

Follow the rest of my journey here