Wednesday, 28 August 2013

Illamasqua Paranormal Palette

Warning: pic heavy post ahead!

I am heading to the launch of Illamasqua's new collection - The Sacred Hour - tomorrow night so thought that I had better get my act together and get my post up of the Paranormal Palette! 

Lets start with some pics of the palette.








I need to start by saying that the formulation of this is completely unique. When you touch it, it feels kind of squidgy and wet - more like a gel, yet when you apply it the shadow goes on dry like a silky powder. If you use a brush to apply it, the shadow actually pushes around the palette. 

The colours look bright in the palette - scary bright (which is saying something coming from the queen of brights!), but they actually apply much less intensely, which is a good thing. The colours blend easily and once applied are long lasting. I always wear them over a primer (Urban Decay primer potion) so this possibly helped their longevity but I found that they didn't budge and they didn't crease. It claims to be water resistant. Whilst I didn't go swimming with the shadow on, I could image that it is pretty water resistant because it just didn't budge on me.

They appear bright on the fingers but apply much more subtly on the eyes

Applied over Urban Decay primer potion in Greed at the top and straight
onto my arm at the bottom


The pink, orange and purple work really well together but I have struggled to get the green to work with the other colours so I tend to just wear this one on its own. I found a great image on the Sephora website where they used all four colours (they used the green as an eyeliner and in the corners, but now I can't find it, dammit! So, you will just have to make do with my attempt using three of the four colours. This is a look that I created with the pink, purple and orange shadows. I love is look and it is one that I will wear often. I find the colours contrast beautifully with my green eyes. Apologies that I didn't do the rest of my face - I was playing around with this look while the kiddies were in the bath.





This was my first introduction to Illamasqua makeup. I have tried heir nail polish before (review here) but not makeup. My first impressions are good. I loved the texture of the shadows and found application nice and easy. And, because it is a gel like texture there is zero fallout - another bonus!

In Australia, Illamasqua can be bought from Myer stores and the Paranormal Palette retails for $53.

What are your thoughts on the Paranormal Palette? Are they colours that you would wear?


All opinions are my own and  received no remuneration for this post. The Paranormal Palette was provided for consideration.