Tuesday, 20 August 2013

Antipodean Beauties - Winter (part 1)


We are up to week 3 of the Antipodean Beauties makeup challenge and this weeks theme was winter. I went out drinking on Friday night for the first time since before Kiki was born. Considering Kiki is now nearly 16 months, and I was pregnant for the 9 months before that, that's a bloody long time since I have been out on the town! Now, before you think that I am totally lame I have actually left the house in the last few years - I just haven't been out on the piss (and by out on the piss I mean I had 4 glasses of bubbly...couldn't handle any more!).

Usually when I go out I prefer to wear contacts but I just got these new specs from Clearly Contacts and I am a bit in love with them so wanted to show them off! So, I wore makeup to match with the glasses. I don't tend to follow and seasonal rules when it comes to makeup but do find that I gravitate towards golds and colours to compliment a tan in summer. Winter, I just tend to match to my outfit!




What I used to create this look:



Eyes: primed with Urban Decay Primer Potion; shadow - Maybelline Eye Studio palette in Amethyst Ablaze; mascara - Rimmel London
Lips: Lancome Rouge in Love in 379N Rose Sulfureuse
Skin: instead of foundation I just wore Clarins Beauty Flash Balm to even out my complextion
Hair: gel courtesy of hubby, no idea the brand!

I have the perfect nail polish to go with this theme so hopefully I can mange to get part 2 up later this week!

This is a Blog Hop so please check out all of the other entries.