Friday, 5 July 2013

The weekend blog read-a-thon: share your favourite blog post

I used to run a weekend beauty blog hop which was a lot of fun...but then I got knocked up, and über tired, and it fell by the wayside. Back then, I only read beauty blogs but of late I have found myself reading a while range of blogs - finance blogs, mummy blogs, fashion/lifestyle, a cross dresser's blog....well anything really! If you write well then I will read it! I even venture into nerdy tech blogs (but that's only when I need to learn something like how to make a blog badge!). With Google Reader shutting down there is a good chance we may lose some blogs that we previously loved. So, I thought that I thought that I would resume the blog hop but this time open it to anyone and everyone so that we may discover new cool new blogs, rediscover old favourites or just have a good old read-a-thon over the weekend.





What is a blog hop?
A blog hop is a linky list that is SHARED ON MULTIPLE BLOGS.
When several blogs put the same linky list code on their blog, the exact same list appears on each blog.

Blog visitors can submit their entries on any blog that contains the list. The entries will appear on each blog where the list resides.

Blog readers see the same list on each blog, and can "HOP" from blog to blog seeing the same list of links to follow: BLOG HOP!

I am not going to make any rules as there is no point asking you to follow me or the other blogs if they are not your cup of tea. However, I do encourage you to check out the other posts as this is a great way to discover new blogs, catch up on posts you may have missed or give some new life to old favourite posts of your own.

There are a couple of instructions, though. You may post more than one article if you like (up to three is fine). Don't post the name of your blog but, instead, post the title of your blog post so that readers can decide if it is of interest to them. That's it! I would love it if you did a weekend blog read-a-thon post on your blog. If you grab the code below then the same list of entries will appear on your blog - it is a great way to spread the word and get more people to discover it.

Now hop to it and either get entering your favourite posts or get reading the entries below!