Saturday, 6 July 2013

The cleanser I turn to when I want a nice, basic, gentle everyday cleanser

You have probably noticed that I have a different cleanser for every situation - I recently wrote about the cleanser I turn to when my ski is being a hormonal bitch, and I have a whole series of these posts up my sleeves. Today's post is about the cleanser I turn to when I want a nice, basic, gentle everyday cleanser - when my skin isn't oily, isn't dirty, isn't hormonal and isn't sensitive - when it is being completely normal and I don't want to mess with it's equilibrium. This cleanser is the Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Facial Cleanser.




What they say: Made with 90 per cent of naturally derived ingredients, Neutrogena® Naturals Purifying Facial Cleanser washes away impurities and detoxifies pores for fresh, clear skin. The cleanser is clinically proven to remove 99 per cent of dirt, oil and impurities. It contains willow bark and a natural salicylic acid as well as ingredients derived from coconut, corn and guar bean.

What I Say: This is a great everyday cleanser. It is very gentle, yet effective. I used it each morning in the shower and found that it left my skin feeling clean - but not with that horrible squeaky clean feeling. It was non drying and didn't leave my skin feeling tight afterwards. It didn't sting at all - it just felt completely natural on the skin. The cleanser had a slight lather - it was more refreshing rather than creamy.

It has a faint fragrance, though one that I am not overly keen on. I just find it a little meh, or bland. However, if you are not keen on heavily fragranced products then you will love this.

I found the pump dispenser super convenient. I love that it keeps my product hygienic in the shower, yet is easy to access with wet slippery hands.

I even used it as a bubble bath for The Crazy Kid and Kiki as I had run out of their bubble bath and Kiki has quite sensitive ski so I wanted to use something gentle on her. It was great - produced a tonne of bubbles and left their skin clean, soft and calm.


All in all this is a great every day cleanser that I really think will suit most skin conditions. It is not the cleanser that I turn to when I have specific issues to address on my skin but it is perfect for a general, all purpose every day cleanser.

The Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Facial Cleanser retails for $14.99 for 177ml.


Do you have only one cleanser that you turn to or do you also mix it up depending on the mood your skin is in?


All opinions are my own and I received no remuneration for this post. This cleanser was provided for consideration.