Monday, 29 July 2013

My Bodytrim Journey: Week 6 (warning, exciting announcements ahead!)

I have a few exciting announcements...are you ready for them???

  1. I had an awesome week - Woohoo
  2. I managed to exercise 5 out of 7 days last week
  3. I lost 1.3kgs last week - Woohoo
  4. I have lost 7.1kgs in 6 weeks - Woohoo
  5. I am now officially back in the healthy weight range for my height - Woohoo
  6. My BMI is under 25 - 24.3 to be precise - Woohoo
  7. I now weigh less than I did when I fell pregnant with Kiki - Woohoo
  8. I only have 3.4kgs left to lose to reach my target and 8 weeks to do so - Woohoo
  9. My favourite J.Crew jeans are all saggy and baggy on me - not so Woohoo
  10. But it means that I am definitely shrinking - Woohoo
  11. And I am going to need to go on a shopping spree to get new jeans that fit - mega Woohoo
My results for the week


Weigh In:
Starting weight: 72.5kgs
Weight after week 1: 69.4kgs
Weight after week 2: 68.7kgs
Weight after week 3: 68.1kgs
Weight after week 4: 67.2kgs
Weight after week 5: 66.7kgs
Weight after week 6: 65.4kgs
Loss in last week = -1.3kgs
Total weight loss: -7.1kgs  




Measurements:
Starting waist - 89cm
Waist after week 1: 83cm
Waist after week 2: 80cm
Waist after week 3: 79cm
Waist after week 4: 78cm
Waist after week 5: 76cm
Waist after week 6: 76cm
Loss in last week = 0cm 
Total Loss = -13cm 

Starting hips - 105cm
Hips after week 1: 102 cm
Hips after week 2: 101.5cm
Hips after week 3: 99cm
Hips after week 4: 99cm
Hips after week 5: 99cm
Hips after week 6: 96.5cm
Loss in last week = -2.5cm
Total Loss = -8.5cm

Starting thighs - 57cm
Thighs after week 1: 54cm
Thighs after week 2: 54cm
Thighs after week 3: 53cm
Thighs after week 4: 52cm
Thighs after week 5: 53cm
Thighs after week 6: 50cm
Loss in last week = -3 cm
Total Loss = -7 cm

Starting arms - 29cm
Arms after week 1: 30cm
Arms after week 2: 30cm
Arms after week 3: 30cm
Arms after week 4: 30cm
Arms after week 5: 29cm
Arms after week 6: 29cm
Loss in last week = 0cm
Total loss = 0cm


Starting chest - 95cm
Chest after week 1: 93cm
Chest after week 2: 90cm
Chest after week 3: 90cm
Chest after week 4: 87cm
Chest after week 5: 87cm
Chest after week 6: 87cm
Loss in last week = 0cm
Total Loss = -8cm

What is interesting to note is that I didn't lose any centimeters from my waist but dropped a decent amount off my hips and thighs - 2.5cm and 3cm respectively. This must be due to the fact that I actually managed to walk most days last week this is the first week since being on Bodytrim that have managed to fit in at least a 30 minute walk on most days, and it really showed in the results.

I think this was such a good week because I tried really hard to be compliant. After the shit week I had last week I was really hoping to go better - I think my bad week might have inspired me. 

This week I had chocolate for the first time since starting Bodytrim. I think that was the longest I have ever gone without having it!  In the early days of being on Bodytrim I wasn't craving chocolate so didn't want to have any, even on my free day, and risk getting my taste for it back. I hadn't bought any chocolate in that time as it is one thing that I couldn't trust myself from eating if it was in the household (I had been buying lollies for my husband as I am a bit indifferent towards them - it didn't pain me to watch him eat them...chocolate would have been a whole other story!). As soon as I made the decision that I was having chocolate on my free ay I bought a block of Lindt Dark Chocwith Sea Salt. Then I saw that Cadbury had released chocolate and toffee coated popcorn...so I bought that too! However, we just ate the choc popcorn with our Saturday night movie (Magic Mike - surprisingly disappointing) and the Lindt is still in the fridge...so my will power is still intact. Though, when I was eating the chocolate a though popped in my head 'mmmm I could eat this every night' so my taste for it is still very much there!

This week when I spoke with the nutritionist we discussed my end goal. I am actually getting quite close to my goal weight but am still feeling flabby. Not sure whether that is just what my body will be like, post babies, or if I actually have more weight to lose. The nutritionist said to reassess my goal weight once I get there - it has been a while since I was that weight (and when I was I was quite athletic going the gym a few times a week, playing baseball so perhaps I was carrying more muscle back then as well) so, when I get there again  need to decide if I am happy there or if I want to continue on the weightloss journey or if I need to take another approach to tone up. I still have 3kgs to lose. 3kgs of fat would be a lot of flab, so I might end up being perectly happy with my body at 62kgs...I guess we will just have to wait and see!

That's about all I have to say about the last week. I am going out for dinner twice this week and on consecutive days so I won't be able to be fully compliant. I will treat one day as a free day (going out for dinner at a pizza restaurant the first night - impossible to be compliant there) but then, on Bodytrim, should follow that up with a protein only day but don't see myself only ordering protein for dinner the second night. I rarely go out for dinner these days so would prefer to relax and enjoy myself on both nights then, if I did end up falling off the wagon badly, I will follow up with two protein days on the weekend....maybe!!


Follow the rest of my journey here