Thursday, 4 July 2013

Bellabox Bellababy

A little while back I was sent the February Bellabox to review (reviewed here).  At the time, I also received a Bellababy Box to review. Unfortunately, I foolishly let The Crazy Kid open the box and he promptly claimed half the contents and, before I could photograph them to write my review, he had spread them all over the house and I had no idea what was in he box. So, with my tail between my legs, I had to request another Bellababy Box to review. I am glad that I did as it is bloody awesome and I really want to share all of the contents with you. This time I made sure that I opened and photographed it whilst The Crazy Kid was at preschool. It's lucky I did because as soon as he found it he once again rummaged through the contents and flogged all the products that he wanted!

So, what is a Bellababy box? I have previously written about the various sample boxes - Bellabox is one of these sample box companies and Bellababy is the version for new parents. For $24.95 per month you get a tonne of products for pregnancy, fresh born bub, older bubs/toddlers and some treats for mum. Lets see an example of what you get:


The beautifully presented box

Overflowing with goodies

Products for mum:
Sukin hand cream
Facial Fresh cloth mask
Luk tinted lipgloss

Producs for baby:
Sample of stink proof nappy bags (they seriously work!)
Natural kids bib
Little Innocents Intensive Soothing Cream
Miomee baby bottle

Pregnancy sample - Swisse pregnancy vitamin (also awesome to take when
you are breast feeding)

Toddler treats:
Jack N' Jill toothpaste and toothbrush
Chunky crayons
Bauble hair elastic
Rainbow bead bracelet

I thought that this box was excellent value. There were products to cover all facets of babyhood. My kids are now 14 months and 3 1/2 so I am probably a bit far into my parenting journey to need a box like this but it would be brilliant as a baby shower gift or especially as a present for someone who is having their second baby - they will get goodies for the new bub plus treats for the ever aware toddler who is feeling left out with all the attention the new addition is getting. When you have your second baby you assume that this time around that you will actually know what you are doing...turns out that you still don't! The second bub ends up being so different to the first that you feel just as clueless round two as you did with round one. The Crazy Kid loved the bottle, whereas Kiki flatly refused it. Nothing I could do would change her mind - the Bellababy would have been handy to sample a few more bottles. The Crazy Kid has normal skin - I could use any bubble bath or cream with him - Kiki has quite sensitive skin with a touch of eczema so I need to carefully trial what I can use on her.

I think the box I have reviewed above was the December box (as it came with a Christmas card!). On the website you can snoop and see the contents of the:
June Box
May Box
April Box
March Box
The range of products they have in their boxes is really quite mind boggling - think Raffeties food pouches (Kiki lived on these - they are amazing!), dummies, Jurlique baby cream, Clinique body exfoliator, nursing tea, breast pads organic sanitary pads,nappy bags, makeup pallets and heaps more.

You can get 3, 6 or 12 month subscriptions or gift subscriptions as well - as I said before, this would make an awesome baby shower gift - especially if you got a 3 or 6 month subscription. You get a tonne of pressies when the bub first arrives but this would keep coming and coming long after the other pressies have dried up!

What products did The Crazy Kid claim?
I am not sure if I have mentioned this before on the blog but The Crazy Kid is seriously obsessed with trains. Not a little bit obsessed but completely and utterly obsessed. He takes trains to bed with him, he makes train noises all day long (the clack clack of the rails, the screech of brakes, the noise the door makes when it opens then the noise it makes when it closes), he has somehow taught Kiki how to make train noises, he had $200 spending money when we went to Japan and he blew every last cent on trains. The whole world is a giant train station to him. So, he claimed:

  • The Luk lipgloss - to pretend that it is a train (specifically a Shinkansen - bullet train)
  • The bauble hair elastic - to pretend that it is a train
  • The Jack N' Jill toothbrush - to pretend that it is a train
  • The crayons - to pretend that they are a train
  • The rainbow bead bracelet - to wear (he likes rainbow like mummy!)

The Bellababy box, along with the Bellabox and the Bellabox man can all be ordered from the Bellabox website.


What are your thoughts on the Bellababy box? Would you find it fun trying new products on your bub or do you prefer to stick to old faithfuls?


All opinions are my own and I received no remuneration for this post. The Bellababy box was provided (twice!) for consideration.