Wednesday, 19 June 2013

Rimmel London BB Cream


This is my second foray into the world of BB Creams and is much more successful than my first (the first being the L'Oreal Revitalift Total Repair 10 BB Cream).

What they say: Rimmel London BB Cream locks in moisture, reduces the appearance of pores, and helps protect the skin with SPF 25 sun protection. The cream conceals blemishes, covers and smooths skin and mattifies and brightens. It lasts all day with natural coverage, leaving the complexion flawless and shine free. Available in three shades: Light, Medium and Medium/Dark.





What I Say: The colour I reviewed was medium and I found that to be a very good colour match to my skin. It look natural and wasn't too dark and definitely wasn't orange like the  L'Oreal Revitalift Total Repair 10 BB Cream.

The first time I applied it I was trying to be very careful and blend it into my skin really well but the product actually dries and sets quite quickly so when I kept working it in it started to ball up and peel off. So, I washed it off and started again. This time around I rubbed it in really quickly, just as I would a moisturiser and I then didn't have any issues with it balling up. It look streaky at first but once it dried it looked very natural.

Once it did dry, it didn't budge. I have a baby whom I cuddle a billion times a day and she didn't end up with any BB cream on her - it doesn't transfer at all which is brilliant. I actually initially trialed this during summer -one day it was 36 degrees in Sydney and so I was hot and sweaty but the BB cream still didn't budge. I did become slightly shiny but not nearly as much as I usually do when I am not wearing it.

It also feels more like you are wearing a moisturiser than a foundation. It is very light and comfortable on the skin. I found the coverage to be good - it evened out my skin tone but still let my natural skin shine through - so it doesn't completely cover everything but does dramatically even it out.

I found the Rimmel BB cream to be an excellent alternative to makeup. I found that it looked much more natural than foundation and is great for everyday wear. So far, this has been my favourite BB cream that I have used.

The Rimmel London BB Cream is $12.95 and can be found in Priceline, Kmart, Target, Big W, Coles supermarkets & selected pharmacies nationally.

(apologies for the lack of photos - I have had this draft written for months but failed to take any photos before I used up all of the product - but the fact that I used it all up is a good sign!)


What is your favourite BB cream?


All opinions are my own and I received no remuneration for this post. This product was provided to me as part of BeautyHeaven's trial team.