Sunday, 31 March 2013

Just in time for Easter: Speckled egg nails by Illamasqua

The world isn’t perfect. But who wants to be perfect anyway?
I’mperfection is an open invitation to stand up and show the world what makes you perfectly, imperfect. We want you to highlight the features other brands encourage you to cover up and celebrate your imperfections like badges of honour. So show off your freckles. Make beauty spots more beautiful. Shine a light on your birthmarks. And be proud of your scars. Because life isn’t about finding yourself, life is about celebrating who you really are.



“WITHIN THE WORD IMPERFECTION YOU’LL FIND IM PERFECTION;
SOMETIMES THE SOUL OF THE WORD IS STARING YOU IN THE FACE. IT IS
OUR SO CALLED FLAWS THAT MAKE US UNIQUE. THE BEAUTY IS IN OUR
DIFFERENCES, OUR IMPERFECTION IS OUR BEAUTY.”
ALEX BOX- CREATIVE DIRECTOR


Illamasqua has just revealed their lasted range - I'mperfection and I was lucky enough to try a couple of polishes from the range. 

LIMITED EDITION SPECKLED NAIL VARNISH - $22.50

What they say: Inspired by the fragility and beauty of irregular markings upon bird eggs, for Spring we introduce a new, limited edition speckled finish to our award-winning Nail Varnish formula.

FRECKLE – Specked soft neutral
FRAGILE- Speckled soft blue
MOTTLE – Specked soft green
SCARCE- Speckled soft pink
SPECKLE- Speckled soft lilac


I tried Freckle (neutral) and Speckle (lilac). I have to agree with their statement that their formula is award winning. I made it 5 days before I got my first chip which I thought was quite incredible. This was with 3 coats, no top coat.

I loved both of these. The finish is so unique. It is an opaque cream polish with black glitter particles of various sizes throughout. As you layer the polish, some of the glitter particles get covered slightly so that they can only be faintly detected. This gave the nail the look of a speckled egg - it really was quite effective. I love purple so was always going to love this shade. Neutrals/browns aren't usually my cup of tea but the speckled finish made this neutral much more interesting.





If you like these polishes you had better get in quick as they will only be around for a limited time. RRP $22.00.

Do you like the speckled egg look on the nails?

Happy Easter everyone!


All opinions are my own and I received no remuneration for this post. These polishes were provided for consideration.