Saturday, 3 November 2012

OPI Top 10 Gift Pack Swatches

First cab off the rank in my Christmas reviews is the OPI Top 10 gift pack. This pack contains ten miniature bottles of OPI’s most popular reds, sheers and neutrals including Alpine Snow, Bubble Bath, Tickle Me France-y, Kiss Me On My Tulips, Red Lights Ahead…Where?, Big Apple Red, I’m Not Really a Waitress, You Don’t Know Jacques!, Vampsterdam and Lincoln Park After Dark. Each bottle is 3.75ml and the pack retails for $39.95.




I thought that this pack was the most brilliant idea. I have a nail polish collection of around 60 nail polishes and I keep buying more, not because they run out, but because I need more colours. I don't think that I have ever finished a bottle of polish in my life. I would much prefer to buy small bottles and get more colours rather than having less full sized bottles. So, with this pack, for the price of two full sized bottles of OPI you can get 10 colours. Brilliant!






I loved all of the colours in the pack, bar one - You Don’t Know Jacques! which is a brown. I don't do browns. It is one colour I just can't ever come to like. However, I have seen on many other blogs that it is quite a trendy colour at the moment (or was over the winter) so most people would get wear out of it.

I have swatched each of the colours in the pack to give you an idea of what they look like in real life. 

Alpine Snow: Opaque white. Probably not a colour you would wear solidly on you nails, like I have, but rather one used to do the nail tips on a French manicure. There is also a huge trend this season for fluoro nails but fluoros are often quite translucent. This would be a perfect base to use to make the fluoro then appear opaque.

Alpine Snow

Bubble Bath: Natural pale pink that would be perfect for a French Manicure. This one is translucent.

Bubble Bath

Tickle Me France-y: Slightly darker brown/pink. Would work well as a darker French Manicure base or on it's own as a neutral.

Tickle Me France-y

Kiss Me On My Tulips: Spectacularly awesome bright pink. Completely opaque and streak free after one coat. 

Kiss Me On My Tulips

Red Lights Ahead…Where?: Bright, bright, bright red. Slight orange hue. Opaque and streak free after one coat. Spectacular!

Red Lights Ahead…Where?

Big Apple Red: Bright, bright, bright red without any orange hues. Also opaque and streak free after one coat.

Big Apple Red

I’m Not Really a Waitress: Metallic red. Reminds me of metallic car paint. Would be a superb Christmas colour. Very striking. Two coats needed for opacity. 

I’m Not Really a Waitress

You Don’t Know Jacques!: Brown. Not poo brown but more taupe. Not my cup of tea. Opaque after one coat.

You Don’t Know Jacques!

Vampsterdam: Dark, vampy, maroony, purpley colour. Subtly metallic. Opaque after two coats.

Vampsterdam

Lincoln Park After Dark: Very, very, very dark purple. Well in the bottle it looks like it might have purple tinges but after two coats on the nail it pretty much looks black.

Lincoln Park After Dark

If you are looking to dramatically expand your nail polish collection without spending a fortune then this is the perfect gift pack to ask for this Christmas. For $39.95 you will get 10 new colours. The Top 10 Gift Pack along with the rest of OPI’s Christmas collection will be available from late October, early November at selected beauty salons, spas, and David Jones nationally. For your nearest OPI stockists contact 1800 358 999 or visit www.opi.net.au.


Have you ever finished a bottle of nail polish? Do you prefer a few full sized bottles or a million minis? Do you like brown nail polish or are you a brown phobic like me?


All opinions are my own and I received no remuneration for this post. This pack was provided for consideration.